Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In Enemy Territory


I was so horrendously ill last week that I couldn't even be bothered to update my Facebook status, much less write a review.

I will be back to reviewing next week, but for the time being, I am firmly entrenched in Rick Perlstein's Nixonland, a fat, dense, depressing, yet awesome book about American political culture in the 1960s.

And when I say I'm entrenched, I don't mean that lightly. Last night, I had a nightmare that Nixon was wiretapping me.

I sat bolt upright at 4am, and when I went back to sleep, it started up again. Apparently, I'd acquired some sensitive documents, and although I don't remember what they said, they were neatly typed on onion-skin paper, in a Courier font, and Bob Haldeman and Henry Kissinger were hellbent on my ruination.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think everyone extends from your "Mad Men" obsession. :-)

Nathan said...

get well.

Comrade Dave said...

That's a *really* specific nightmare.