Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Weekly Geeks #13: It's Time for Name! That! Author!

I've been neglecting Weekly Geeks lately, but this one looked really fun. I haven't been able to guess the authors on any of the posts I've read so far, so I'm going to follow MizB's lead and provide hints.

How many can YOU name, boys and girls?

1. Favorite author

HINT: She's only written two books since her 1992 debut, but they're both killer.

2. Author of the book I'm currently reading



HINT: The English translation of her latest book was just released in July.

3. An author I've met in person, albeit briefly



HINT: I think the stuff hanging on the walls behind him should be hint enough.

4. A YouTube clip of an author I've heard speak



5. The author of the book I've most recently finished



HINT: She's a former LA Times writer.

6a. Hottest authors (male)



6b. Hottest authors (female)



HINTS: In addition to being highly photogenic, both authors released incredible books in 2008, one set in Soviet Russia, the other in 1920s Hollywood.

11 comments:

Bybee said...

I think that first author is Donna Tartt.

mary_m said...

Absolutely right!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Loved The Secret History!

Donna Tarte is the only author I recognize.

I'm not very good at this.

Anonymous said...

I recognize the male hottie - Tom Rob Smith! Mmm.... I've been meaning to get to his Child 44 for forever now, but my library's copy is always check out. Sad.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I don't recognize any of them!

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Sadly I don't know any of them. But in the video she says her name I don't remember her first name but I believe the last was Castalucci(sp?).

Anonymous said...

The first lady looks INTENSE.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad! I don't know anyone!

Check out my author photos!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I know the first 2 - Donna Tartt and Natsuo Kirino but from there Im lost.

Brady said...

Nobody's guessed yet, so I'll just go ahead and name the fellow with the bald head: Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways).

happyichigo♥ said...

hi..
i got Natsuo Kirino pic too...i just love her works! i've read out and grotesque (i like out more!) but i havent read the latest one...I'm broke, so i'll wait for the mass market pp..

good day!