Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Killing Time Meme

I'm killing time while I wait for Mad Men to download from iTunes, so how about a little meme (via Bookeywookie). It's long, so I cut out the questions where my answers were boring.

1. My uncle once: misinterpreted the voicemail my mother left saying I was getting married, and instead thought I had gotten knocked up (let's just say my mother worded the news in an odd way).

He called back and began the conversation by saying, "Aw Karla, we'll love it no matter what it is."

2. I will never forget: to be grateful that Warren Zevon cancelled his show at the New Daisy, and inadvertently caused me to get married

3. Once I met: Christina Hendricks. We chatted amiably outside of a bar for a few minutes, and I had no idea who she was until about two minutes after I went inside.

4. There’s this girl I know: who used to practice karate naked

5. If only I had: thicker hair

6. When I turn my head left I see: a bunch of guitars and a well-stocked bookshelf

7. When I turn my head right I see: a framed photo of my favorite bar in Madison

8. You know I’m lying when: I'm lying. I'm notoriously bad at it.

9. What I miss most about the 80s is: Mary Lou Retton

10. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Prince Hal

11. By this time next year: I'd like to have finished a draft of my novel

12. I have a hard time understanding: money. Like, that episode of "This American Life" where they explained the subprime loan thing in plain language was awesome. For a brief, shining moment, I understood everything, and then it was gone.

13. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: probably go for something related to history and/or urban planning. But I don't think that's very likely. I like my job, but I really hated grad school.

14. Take my advice, never: as a youth, try to tan if you are pale and freckled. You will be mad at yourself when you're 30.

15. My ideal breakfast is: anything at Cafe Verona

16. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: eat at Cafe Verona, see the Bradbury Building (it's architecture that's truly soul-uplifting), go on an Esotouric bus tour, and cheer your head off at a Dodgers game

17. Why won’t people: take public transit? Or fund it?

18. If you spend a night at my house: you will comment on how cool our historic landmark apartment is. Everybody does.

19. The world could do without: stretch Hummers

20. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: shake hands with Karl Rove

21. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: my curly-headed, precociously-vocabularied 4-year-old niece

No comments: