Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More Everette Maddox

I missed this comment on my Everette Maddox post awhile back, so I figure y'all did, too. Anyways, I'm snagging this book ASAP.

Two things: 1) Grace Bauer and I (Julie Kane) have just co-edited a book of essays, poems, short stories, and even song lyrics about Everette, containing work by fifty writers including Ellen Gilchrist, Rodney Jones, William Matthews, etc. The title is Umpteen Ways of Looking at a Possum: Critical and Creative Responses to Everette Maddox, and the publisher is Xavier Review Press (2006). It can be ordered from the publisher's website, www.xula.edu/review, or from amazon. 2) Bill Roberts of Pirogue Publishing (which published Everette's second book, Bar Scotch, in 1988) told me he still has some copies of it and that if you contact the Maple Street Book Shop in New Orleans (504 862-0008), he will fill any requests for it through them.

Call the man, and get your NOLA on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed your earlier Maddox post.

You can find the complete texts of Maddox's first two books, plus some of his letters and other materials, at www.everettemaddox.org. (I even got the publishers' permission to reprint the material.) I haven't messed with the site in a long time, so there are some links to things that aren't actually on the site (like the last two books). One day I'll work on it some more.

-Tom

mary_m said...

Tom, this makes my day - I thought your site was kaput! Most excellent.

Mark Folse said...

Anonymous/Tom: What happened to the everettemaddox.org site? I sent an email to the registered owner (was that you?) offering to re-up the domain name, find server space, whatever was needed when it went offline.

If you ever see this and I can help get it back up, email me at markfolseATwetbankguideDOTnet.

Thanx.