Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This Does Not Make Me a Bad Person, Right?

I don't get cable. This is not because I'm morally superior, it's because I have student loans, and also because I don't trust myself to not watch it constantly. But still, I don't ever want to be one of those people who misses all the pop culture references because I'm too smug to own a television set.

And also, there's some bad tv that I really, really like. I haven't gone to the Golden Apple for new comic book day since Cycle 8 of Top Model began because I might miss the first five minutes. I may be a nerd, but I'm also a lady.

Brady and I are totally rooting for Jael, who reminds us of Janice from the Muppets. After every episode, we do Janice's best line from The Great Muppet Caper, as spoken by Jael after her photo shoot: "It's my life, okay? If I want to throw my leg up over a giant dish of ice cream, that's nobody's business but my own."

3 comments:

Ang said...

I love Jael! And I love Janice: "...sit around nude all day, and... oh."

mary_m said...

More Janice: "I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it IS artistic."

Love her.

Gwen said...

Ok, I have to disagree here. I can't stand Jael. This is entirely because of her voice, which has started to bug me so much that I actually wince sometimes when she starts talking.

Although my full loathing is reserved for Renee, who I think is an uber-bitch.

I like how clueless Natasha is--she just makes whatever sounds--happy, sad, horrified--the other girls are making b/c she has no idea what's going on. And apparently next week we discover how she's a mail-order bride or something?

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for yet.

And my roommates transfered their satellite to our house, so for a very short time I have access to hundreds of channels! And yet I pretty much watch the same things I already did, except now I can watch The Daily Show at home instead of online during office hours.