Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hooray for Hollywood, Unless of Course They Mess It Up

I don't know who I need to talk to about this, but if someone is in fact going to make a film version of Ross MacDonald's The Galton Case, I'd like to write the screenplay. Because if Freudian flatfoot Lew Archer gets the Black Dahlia treatment, I don't know what I'd do. Maybe I'd chain myself to the Hollywood sign and go on a hunger strike, or sneak onto the Warner's lot and moon the responsible parties. Either way, it wouldn't be pretty.

Lunchtime poll for your inner Casting Director: We all know that Clive Owen was genetically engineered to play Chandler's Marlowe, but who should the Powers that Be tap to portray our favorite humanist shamus? I'm tempted to say Aaron Eckhart, but he's too smarmy. Maybe Gary Oldman could pull it off, if somebody kept him on a tight leash. (I would suggest Clarke "Lester Freamon" Peters from The Wire, but I'm saving him for Easy Rawlins.)

Thoughts?

1 comment:

mary_m said...

Billy Bob Thornton?