Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Art Imitating Life Imitating Art...Or Something

Call me crazy, but if I had committed a particularly brutal murder - and pretty much gotten away with it - I like to think that I would not have written up my homicidal shenanigans as a (bestseller) mystery novel.

A word of advice for all you out there who are considering fictionalizing crimes you've committed: don't make the murder/crime exactly like yours. Mix it up a little. Maybe you could add a sidekick?

Also - and I can't stress this enough - don't include details that only the cops and the culprit could know. That's a rookie mistake, like leaving part of your clown suit at the crime scene.

My question is...does this make anyone who read it an accessory after the fact?

I'm going to go with "Yes. Yes it does."

No comments: