Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Bureaucracy in Action

This account of trying to cast a ballot in Los Angeles on Feb 5 is simultaneously the funniest and most rage blackout-inducing thing I've seen all day:

"I'm sorry, we didn't bring our booklets." This was true. We didn't.

"SIGH!" Sighed the grumpy poll worker.

No seriously, I swear to god, this poll worker sighed and we could actually hear it articulated and everything. There was even a word balloon. We're in a war and the economy's tanking but apparently, having to spend more than 5 seconds talking to confused voters is the cross too heavy for even Jesus Christ himself to bear."
(via LAist)

It gets much much worse.

And apparently, I wasn't the only Angeleno disenfranchised by bureaucratic tomfoolery. I never thought I'd say this, but wow, I miss living in Wisconsin.

No comments: