Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Odds and Ends

- I just finished reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Geez... I mean, it's really good, but I have a hard time believing that post-apocalyptic cannibals are among Oprah's "favorite things."
- An interview with Gillian Flynn, author of the sublimely chilling Sharp Objects at Bookslut
- The release party for Elk's Run will be held at Meltdown Comics April 4 at 7pm. An idyllic small town in West Virginia turns to vigilante justice - I can't wait to get my shiny new copy.
- Did you know that the New York Public Library will send you awesome book lists for free? New stuff, stuff that's been featured in the news, and most of all, stuff that hasn't been written about to death. I lurve it.
- This is an older post, but these speculations on what Victoria Beckham's book club could possibly be reading are comedy gold.

No comments: