Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fin

Thanks everyone for reading along with us today. We got to chat with some great people, our monitor, Jaynee, was terrific, and we enjoyed seeing the lengths to which these other fools were willing to go for a good cause.

Sponsors can be added for the next two days, but geez... right now, our total is at a kind of jaw-dropping $2,032.00. Thanks everyone for your support.

And, in case you missed something you'd like to have seen, I made up a handy index of our posts. It's the irrepressible librarian in me.

Books Reviewed:

Restoration by John Ed Bradley
Soul Kitchen by Poppy Z. Brite
The Worthy: A Ghost's Story by Will Clarke
This Wheel's On Fire by Levon Helm
1 Dead in Attic: After Katrina by Chris Rose
Dead Above Ground by Jervey Tervalon
The Neon Bible by John Kennedy Toole
Stormwitch by Susan Vaught
Eden by Olympia Vernon
The Untidy Pilgrim by Eugene Walter
The End of California by Steve Yarbrough

Gulf Coast Libraries:

Cameron Parish Library System
Hancock County Library System
Harrison County Library System
Jefferson Parish Library System
New Orleans Public Library

I want to add a Gulf Coast Culture and History section, but I also want to give Brady a chance to say his goodbyes before we retire for the morning, so I'll add it later. Here he is:

BP:Just wanted to add my thanks to Mary's. First off, to those who read/commented/submitted verse about possums: thanks for keeping us entertained, awake, and feeling like we weren't just sending 1s and 0s into the cold, uncaring ether.

Second-wise, to our sponsors: Wow. That's really all I have to say about that. And, of course, thanks.

Finally, thanks to Mary for suggesting we do this. She pretty much rocks.

2 comments:

abby - the geek girl said...

Congratulations on finishing!! I didn't post my congratulations last night because I was SO tired, but you did an amazing job of staying coherent throughout the 'thon... something I can't say for myself!! Great job!

Gwen said...

I just got a book I ordered taking an urban sociological perspective on Las Vegas. I thought you would be excited to know there's a section titled "Libraries as Community Cultural Centers."