Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Putting My Grad Skool Sleep Deprivation Training to Good Use

When Mary ran the L.A. Marathon, I made these little jokes about how full of vim and so forth she was at mile 8, running backwards as she passed us to wave, compared to mile 23.

Payback's a booger.

See, Mary can nap. Me? Not so much. I go down, I stay down. Her? Ten minutes of shut-eye and she's rarin' to go.

Adding insult to injury, my cat - faithless little traitor that she is - has positioned herself directly in my line of sight and is sleeping as hard as she can.

The only thing that's keeping me going at this point is that, as a grad student, sometimes I get to grade papers until around this time. That, and the Diet Coke. And the cocktail I am so going to pour myself at 5:30 a.m.

Peering blearily around the Blogathon, I've found for your perusal the following sites that have been entertaining me to no end.

1. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I've been digging the heck out of (Parenthetically Speaking). Comic books! And, most recently, people dressed as Zatanna. Wait...crud...ComicCon was this weekend, wasn't it?

2. Food & Music. Who doesn't like those? Martians, that's who. Martians. Also, bonus points for all the stills of old ephemeral films.

3. The Smarmy Carny. While most of the carnies I've met have been less smarmy and more twitchy, this is grade-A smarm. And I know from smarm.

Finally, I'd like to say a big thanks to Abby over at Abby's Blogathon, who's been commenting up a storm despite being deathly ill. Rock on. And consider a Neti pot; I think those things are actually magical.

No comments: