Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Up All Night for a Good Cause

Okay, one more post, then I'm really taking the rest of the week off.

I'm doing Blogathon this year. What this means is that starting at 6am on Saturday, July 28, I'll be blogging every 30 minutes and will not cease in this until 6am on Sunday, July 29.

I'm blogging for the American Library Association's Hurricane Katrina Library Relief Fund. Since 2005, this effort has raised over $485,000 to help libraries in the Gulf Coast rebuild, repair, and recover. A lot has been accomplished so far, but a great deal of work remains to be done. Believe me, I was in Biloxi earlier this year, and an unbelievable amount of it is still in ruins.

Everyone deserves a great library, so, if you can, please consider making a donation. You can sponsor my blog by clicking here.

Thanks for your help, dear readers.

1 comment:

Comrade Dave said...

Brady clued me in on your site. Great stuff, and good luck on the blogathon!

Loved the bit on Ray Chapman; I may get that book for my dad. Interesting note, the Indians recently found a long-lost memorial plaque to him and reinstalled it in a special "Heritage Park" at the Jake. Baseball and monuments: my two great loves :)