Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Blogathon News, Updates, Plugs and Otherwise

With a week and change to go, we've raised over $700 for the ALA Hurricane Katrina Library Relief Fund. To my sponsors, thank you for being so generous!

Potts and I are on a rampage, reading lots of Gulf Coast literature and planning spiffy contests and games to keep you (and us) entertained throughout the day. Today, I went out and bought prizes for said contests and games, and Potts is mad because he wants to keep them all for himself.

If you would like to sponsor our blog, you can do so here. And put your credit card away. All you'll provide here is your name, your email address, and the amount of your pledge. After the Blogathon is over, you'll receive a reminder email to make your contribution directly to the ALA Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund. All money goes directly to the charity, and nowhere else.

If you aren't able to contribute financially, but still want to help, email me a story about what your library means to you. I'll be posting them periodically throughout the Blogathon.

And if you're planning to follow the Blogathon on July 28th, here are a few other folks who have interesting projects planned:

At Maldrobe Warfunctions, some crazy fools are making a movie in 24 hours to raise money for Doctors Without Borders.

Another crazy fool, Iron Chef Moo will be cooking with her kids all day long and posting recipes and photos for the National Kidney Foundation. She did this last year and was, by all accounts, fabulous.

At FIG, it will be all crafts and gift ideas for Craig Hospital in Denver.

Hope you'll all be reading on the 28th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am participating in the Blogathon, and I just wanted to applaud you for your choice of charity. I live in Mississippi, and my husband and I traveled down to the Coast last month. It was terrible, and it's been almost 2 years! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're doing a great, and very necessary, thing.

mary_m said...

Thanks so much! I decided I wanted to do Blogathon on a whim, but the second I decided on my charity, I was totally gung ho.

We'll be following your blog on the 28th, too!