As per the headline of this post, last call for contest submissions is in 30 minutes at 5 a.m., Pacific Time. Still time to get last minute submissions in!
Second: My Top 5 Favorite Fictional/non-existent Books, and why they are awesome.
(Yeah, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel for posts at this point.)
5. The Necronomicon, from The Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. It bites. It turns people into Deadites. And it's wicked sarcastic. Most recently seen being used for, er, "bathroom reading" by a zombified Incredible Hulk. (Long story.)
4. Since we're talking about books that bite, I'll throw in The Monster Book of Monsters from the Harry Potter series. What the hey.
3. Destiny of the Endless's tome, The Sandman. It has everything that has ever or will ever happen in it, which explains why it's chained to Destiny like a suitcase nuke. But not even he knows what's on the last page. If it was me? I'd peek.
2. Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooey, Calvin and Hobbes. Judging by the title, I'd like to read this book. On the other hand, if it can get Calvin to go to sleep, it'd probably put normal humans in a coma. As opposed to now, where I lay awake nights wondering what a gooey kablooey is.
1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. No contest, really, even though I suppose it's really more of a book-on-tape.
Edited to make my sleep-deprived prose less obtuse.