Dear reader, life is too short for crap books.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blogathon Round-up and Sponsorship Update

Great news, everyone! So far, we've raised $1667 for the American Library Association Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund! Big thanks to all of our great sponsors! If you'd still like to sponsor us, you can do so here.

And here are a few links to my fellow Blogathon participants that you might want to keep an eye on. They've been keeping me out of trouble all morning.

Nancy's Baby Names: Since she's blogging for First Book, Nancy's been writing about great names from children's literature. Did you know that the name Jethro means "abundance"? I started reading her blog when she charmed me with a post about the most popular baby names in the 1880s.

Iron Chef Moo: Iron Chef Moo has been cooking up a storm all morning with her four theme ingredients - garlic, cheese, wine, and chocolate - and everything looks delicious. Except for maybe the wasabi tiramisu.

Feral, Not Homeless: Lindsay is writing about feral cat rescue, and including very touching stories about the cats she's cared for.

The Pragmatic Hedonist's Food & Movies: very cool historic travel postcards from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s, as well as assorted cat and pop culture stuff, too (and obviously, I got the image posted above here).

I Aim to Misbehave: She loves Joss Whedon and Butch Walker which pretty much makes her aces in my book.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I am not reading a blog about feral cats. I took care of Widget for a while. That's all I need to know about that subject.